The Provisional Confederate Congress established the Confederate Commissary Department on February 26, 1861 in Montgomery, Alabama under the War Department. Initially under the command of Col. Lucius B. Northrop, Brig. Gen. Isaac M. St. John assumed command on February 16, 1865. Operating at the national level of the Confederacy, the Commissary Department was responsible for the procurement and distribution of food for the Confederate Army. (CSA-Leg. & War Dept., 1861, 4; Wiki)
See also: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=dul1.ark:/13960/t2z32n83q&view=1up&seq=3&skin=2021
The graph displays the other subjects mentioned on the same pages as the subject "Confederate States of America--War Department. Commissary Department". If the same subject occurs on a page with "Confederate States of America--War Department. Commissary Department" more than once, it appears closer to "Confederate States of America--War Department. Commissary Department" on the graph, and is colored in a darker shade. The closer a subject is to the center, the more "related" the subjects are.