Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.)

OverviewVersions

Description

Located in Jackson, Mississippi, the South-Western Telegraph Company (also known as the New Orleans & Ohio Telegraph Lessees and Southwestern Telegraph Company) was established by an act of the legislature on February 3, 1860. The South-Western Telegraph Company was one of the primary providers of telegraphy services in the southern Mississippi Valley and the Southwest and had many locations throughout that area. (Robert Harding and Alison Oswald, "Guide to the Western Union Telegraph Company Records," 4; Weekly Mississippian, February 8, 1860)

See also: https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84024323/1860-02-08/ed-1/seq-2/#date1=1756&index=0&rows=20&words=Company+South+Telegraph+western&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=Mississippi&date2=1880&proxtext=south-western+telegraph+company&y=0&x=0&dateFilter

Related Subjects

Related subjects

The graph displays the other subjects mentioned on the same pages as the subject "Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.)". If the same subject occurs on a page with "Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.)" more than once, it appears closer to "Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.)" on the graph, and is colored in a darker shade. The closer a subject is to the center, the more "related" the subjects are.