History High-lights School 44

ReadAboutContentsVersionsHelp
Page 1

Page 1

History High-lights School 44

R379.7752 #44

A hsnd written sticky note is attached directing the person photographing the pages to "Scan both & combine typed text & original photos before loading"

Last edit about 1 year ago by Tom York
Page 2

Page 2

High-lights in the History of Riverside school #44 1896 - 1948 1948 - 1968

The orignal history is in the office of Mr. Maham room 702 F Education Center. By mistake both the orginal and the carbon copy of this history were bound together into one volume.

The information here was taken from this history. March 1968 by Majorie Woodruff

Last edit almost 2 years ago by Fivefootsmall
Page 3

Page 3

Principals

1897 - 1898 - Ovandah Dillingham 1898 - 1900 - G.L. Dixon 1901 - 1905 - Fred Sillery 1905 - 1907 - Ross H. Baumunk 1907 - 1910 - Mayme Griffin 1910 - 1911 - Clara Bohnstadt 1911 - 1917 - Jennie Edgeworth 1917 - 1922 - Viola Pence 1922 - 1923 - Jessie Smith 1923 - 1940 - Elizabeth Kirby 1940 - 1949 - Geraldine Eppert 1949 - 1960 - Margaret Ambroz 1960 - 1964 - John Vawter 1964 - 1967 - Feb. 18. - Phillip Tetrick 1967 -Feb 20 - June - Mrs Estelle Relford Acting Principal because of Mr. Tetrick's illness. 1967 - Mrs Estelle Relford

Last edit 5 months ago by chickadee
Page 4

Page 4

An Outline of School #44

1896 - Original building at 19th Street and Harding

1907 - Moved into present building

1910 - First P.T.A.

1910 - First graduation class from present building

1920 - First addition - South end. Rooms 106-109-209-210

1922 - South Grove Branch Library opened on May 11

1925 - Fall - Half days in lower grades until portables were put up.

1925 - Fall. Two protables of two rooms each at south end of building.

1928 - May 23 - First Open House

1928 - Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus

1930 - Keystone System of Reading

1932 - February - First Mothers' Chorus

1932 - P.T.A. purchased the table and chairs for the stage.

1933 - February, Our P.T.A. joined the National Congress of Parent.

Last edit about 1 year ago by Susan R
Page 5

Page 5

Teachers Associations

1936 - June 4. Portables sent to Washington and Technical High Schools.

1936 - Second Addition - Auditorium and three rooms above Rooms 211 - 212 and 213 upstairs.

1936 - Baby grand piano purchased by the P.T.A.

1947 - Spring. Entire building painted.

1951 - Fall Cafeteria opened.

1954 - 1955 - Winter. Building painted. 1955 - September 1 - Library closed.

1955 - September - Library used for kindergarten.

1960 - Summer Library building demolished.

1960 - Third addition of eight rooms. South end Rooms 111 - 113 - 108 - 110 Kindergarten. 214 - 215- 217 - 216 Home Economics.

1963 - Fourth Addition of a nurse’s room and twelve class rooms. South end running east.

Last edit about 1 year ago by Susan R
Records 1 – 5 of 33