Letter from John Stuart to Andrew Reid, 3 March 1790
Title: Letter from John Stuart to Andrew Reid, 3 March 1790
Description: Stuart has enclosed notes that he wants Reid to give to the sheriff for collection, and one note on which he wants to have a lawsuit brought in court. There is also a message on the back, likely written in shorthand. Andrew Reid resided in Rockbridge County, Virginia. It is unknown where John Stuart resided. Creator: Stuart, John
Places: Rockbridge County (Va.);
Subjects: Promissory notes; Actions & defenses;
Format: 2 page letter
Source: Kentucky Historical Society, McDowell family letters, MSS 91;
Accession Num.: MSS91_Box1_FF13_1
Rights: This file may be downloaded for personal, research, or classroom use, free of charge. All other uses, including any forms of publication or broadcast, require permission from the Kentucky Historical Society, and fees may apply.
File Size: 426 Bytes
Repository: KHS Digital Collections
Source: From: Manuscripts
- Spelling: Use original spelling if possible.
- Capitalization: Modernize for readability
- Punctuation: Add modern periods, but don't add punctuation like commas and apostrophes.
- Line Breaks: Hit
returnonce after each line ends. Two returns indicate a new paragraph, which is usually indentation following the preceding sentence in the original. The times at the end of each entry should get their own paragraph, since the software does not support indentation in the transcriptions.
- Illegible text: Indicate illegible readings in single square brackets:
- A single newline indicates a line-break in the original document, and will not appear as a break in the text in some views or exports. Two newlines indicate a paragraph, and will appear as a paragraph break in all views.