The Domesday Book of Queen's University

OverviewStatisticsSubjects

About

The Domesday Book of Queen's University was established by Queen's Trustees in 1887, at the suggestion of Chancellor Sanford Fleming, to record the names of the university's benefactors and the main events in its history, which were to be written into the book every year. The book was kept up to date by Professor James Williamson and his successors, Librarian Lois Saunders and Professor Malcolm MacGillivray, until 1924, by which time the innovation of annual Principal's Reports (begun in 1916) rendered it unnecessary. The book takes its name from the original Domesday Book, a survey of England taken by William the Conqueror in 1086. The items to be described are the two handwritten volumes of the Book.
The Domesday Book Of Queen's University (Volume 1) 1839-1900 p.249-1193

The Domesday Book Of Queen's University (Volume 1) 1839-1900 p.249-1193

The Domesday Book of Queen's University was established by Queen's Trustees in 1887, at the suggestion of Chancellor Sanford Fleming, to record the names of the university's benefactors and the main events in its history, which were to be written into the book every year. The book was kept up to...

945 pages: 0% indexed, 25% transcribed
The Domesday Book of Queen's University (Volume 2) 1900-1924

The Domesday Book of Queen's University (Volume 2) 1900-1924

586 pages: 0% indexed, 5% transcribed, 1% needs review
All 2 records

Show All

Subject Categories

People, Places