(1) Marriage arranged by the two fathers often
when girl was quite small but the actual
marriage was not until the old men had
decided that the time had arrived.
(2) a sister of the man had to be given in exchange
for the girl given for his wife
(3) Those who might lawfully marry were Be-arn
to each other
(4) at the great meetings the old men
arranged which of the young women was
old enough to be sent to the places where
their future husband lived - who took them?
(5) Does he remember Eliza - her father of [?Darling?] [?River?] tribe who was
promised to Billy Hamilton of Goulburn tribe
- an also Gellibrand (Ber-uke = Kangaroo Rat)
of Melbourne tribe? Does he remember
fight between Gellibrand + Hamilton at Sandy Ck
when Būnwurung, Woewurung + 3 other tribes were
present - + when Gellibrand beat Hamilton?
(Billy remembers all this)
(6) Does he know Binbeal - the Rainbow?
Yes Binbeal one of Bunjil's
(7) Does he remember the old man of the
Moogolumbeek tribe - when alot (7)
of tribes were in the Govt. Paddock + all
of them listened to what the old man said.
Who was he? Kala Kalas Knocking or
with the fist
(8) ask about exchnge of sisters
(9) draw up pedigree of William also of his
fahter's sister +c
(10) were marriages made up at all the great
Please sign in to write a note for this page