- Capitalization and Punctuation: Use original capitalization (including the use of all caps), and punctuation within the text.
- General formatting and justificationDo not use
returnwithin paragraphs. Use a running style for lines. All text will be aligned to the left side, even if a line is centered in original. Do not indent paragraphs.
- Formatting in header: Do not emulate the spacing or underlining in header information.
- Typos: Correct any misspelling or other typos or in the newspaper clipping. The point of transcribing the newspaper clippings is to allow them to be searched.
- Line Breaks: Hit
returntwice after the newspaper name, the location, the date, and the headline and subheadings, and after each paragraph in the article to provide a blank line between these elements
- Illegible text: Indicate illegible words or phrases in single square brackets: