Transcription Conventions for Yaquina Head Lighthouse logs
- Spelling: Use original spelling if possible.
- Capitalization: Modernize for readability
- Punctuation: Add modern periods, but don't add punctuation like commas and apostrophes.
- Line Breaks: Hit return twice after each entry
- Illegible text: Indicate illegible readings with 3 question marks:
- After the date use a
"Autolink" will suggest subjects certain words could be linked to or you can use double braces to link subjects.
[[Jane Doe]]will link the text "Jane Doe" to the subject Jane Doe, while
[[Jane Doe|Jane]]will link the text "Jane" to the subject Jane Doe. We recommend that linking be left to an editor after the initial transcription is made.